Monday, November 9, 2009

Suede Jacket







This jacket has been part of my wardrobe for about 10 years. For the first few years, I wore it all the time. I took it to London with me, and wore it all the time there too. One rainy afternoon, I was walking along a narrow sidewalk next to a stone wall with a castle or royal home or something on the other side, and a bus drove by and splashed up a huge wave of water from a giant puddle on the street, completely soaking half my body - including this suede jacket. I took it back to my flat, dried it out, and tracked down a bottle a leather protector and sprayed like crazy once the jacket was dry. It recovered, and I'm still wearing it 7 years later.

I wore this outfit on Sunday (minus the hat) to hang out in Oak Park, where I walked around, checked out some shops, had coffee, and bought a Henry James novel. Today, I threw this outfit on again (this time with the hat) to get my oil changed and go thrifting.

Where:
shopping and coffee in Oak Park on Sunday, errands and thrifting on Monday

What:
Long-Sleeved Waffle T-shirt: Forever XXI
Jeans: Gap
Suede Jacket: Wilson's Leather
Shoes: Franco Sarto (thrifted)
Hat: from Buffalo Exchange
Peace Sign Earrings: World Market
Cat: Amaretto

2 comments: