Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day to Night


Day:


Night:


Today's outfit reminded me of Day-to-Night Barbie. I don't know that I've ever done a day-to-night switch like this before. If I don't have time to go home and change, I usually just wear the same clothes or take off my jacket.

I attended an event of the Chicago Millinery Arts Alliance tonight after work. Pictures to come in a later post. I intended to wear the after-work version of this outfit the whole day, but as I was about to leave the house this morning, I remembered that I had to stop by court quickly on my way to the office to address a minor scheduling matter. A teal fringed skirt just isn't appropriate for court, however briefly I would be there.

By adding the longer black pin-striped skirt though, I decided I could get away with a cardigan instead of a suit jacket. Since the black-skirt version is more work appropriate, I left it on while working in my office and attending a seminar. Then I whipped it off, and ta-da! Night-time Gina, ready to go out on the town.


Where:
day version: work, seminar on divorce in a recession
night version: Millinery Arts Alliance event


What:
Cashmere and Silk Cardigan: Moda Int'l (thrifted)
Blouse: NY & Co.
Black Pin-Striped Skirt: Express
Teal Fringed Dress: H&M
Grey Tights: Anne Klein from T.J.Maxx
Shoes: Ann Taylor LOFT (thrifted)
Faux Pearl Earrings: mine since the early 90's
Black Ribbon: ??
Belt: ??

3 comments:

  1. I love the night version :)... looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Day-to-Night outfit!!! Definitely versatile! LOVE your shoes.... :)


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I loved the little splash of aqua for day, and then the quick change into the party skirt. So fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete