Thursday, October 15, 2009

Three Piece Suit





Last time I wore this suit, I didn't get a picture of the jacket so I made a point to do that today. I love the vest when worn open, but not as much when buttoned. The jacket is fine, but not great. I really don't like these pants.

In buying this suit, I made one of my most common shopping mistakes. When something is new and I really like it, I want to buy it immediately. At the very beginning of a trend, only a limited selection of items are offered in my price range. Like when skinny pants came in. Like when vests and 3-piece suits made a big comeback. As soon as I do find something I can afford, I tend to snap it up immediately. So quickly that I don't consider whether I really like the style or fit or color or anything else. I'm just so glad to have found what I've been coveting.

I love 3-piece suits, and was thrilled to find a green one and a grey one at H&M in the spring of 2008. I purchased both of them when 3-piece suits were still scarce at stores. I like the green one which I haven't yet worn altogether yet since starting this blog, though I've worn the jacket and pants together, and I wore the vest with a dress. This grey suit, I like a lot less, mainly because of the cut of the pants. I really need to discard the pants and just wear the jacket and vest as separates. But, I can't quite bring myself to do it. And, I keep wearing this suit. Why???

Where:
work

What:
Suit Jacket, Vest & Pants: H&M
Tie Blouse: Lapis
Silver Hoop Earrings: gift from my parents
Boots: Nine West

1 comment:

  1. If you don't like the pants, I say get rid of them and keep the vest and jacket :) LOVE this blouse!! :)

    ReplyDelete