Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Orange All Around



This is the exact same outfit I wore back in August, except today I added a scaft and switched the sandals for more seasonally appropriate shoes. Oh, and I have on a different pair of silver hoop earrings today (significant change, I know).

I tend to repeat outfits more when I'm going to court. I have several suits I like to wear, and particular blouses that look good with those suits and that look professional enough for court. I certainly don't get to be as creative with my in-court looks as I am with my out of court style.

Where:
Work

What:
Suit Jacket and Pants: H&M
Sheer Blouse: Worthington (thrifted)
Cami: Victoria's Secret
Scarf: came with a sweater I bought years ago
Hoop Earrings: vintage
Celtic Cross necklace: from St.-Martin-in-the-Fields in London
Boots: Franco Sarto (thrifted)


The fountain at the Daley Center has been orange for the last week or so. We in Chicago take out holidays very seriously. On St. Patrick's Day, the whole river is dyed green.


6 comments:

  1. That is one things that I am proud of our city for, we display all hoildays with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work outfits are so hard. I always have trouble doing interesting and different things. I like the pop of color from your scarf here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - When i saw the picture it evoked memories of the old Ghostbusters movie - remember when the sewer was all overflowing with the orangey-pink colored ectoplasm? If you see the stay puffed marshmallow man RUNNNN!!

    OK, sorry LOL. I love the scarf!Esp with the green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, it was Ghostbusters 2

    Why can I only find a clip of it en francais?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm09hV737XA&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, all that pink gunk in NYC! And then the Statue of Liberty starts walking with music blasting! My brother and I loved Ghostbusters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love when re-wearing outfits, or items or clothes. it makes me feel like i'm using them for all that they're worth! -noel

    ReplyDelete