Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sprout






This has been my favorite court suit this summer. This is the first time, though, that I've worn it with all green.

As I was putting on the suit today, it reminded me of a substitute teacher that I used to have in high school. She was short with a blond bob and a shrill voice, and she always wore a suit this color. The same suit. Every time. She also ALWAYS yelled at people, sent more than one student to the principal's office per class and threatened to expel lots of students, usually for no reason. My class took to calling her a military-inspired nickname. My brother is a few years younger than me, and when his class started having this same substitute teacher regularly, they started calling her "Sprout," after the Jolly Green Giant's sidekick. I don't know if the Jolly Green Giant actually had a sidekick, or if my brother's class made that up. At any rate, wearing this suit as part of a monochrome outfit reminded me of her.


The only reason I wore the Celtic Cross necklace today is because I always used to wear it with this cami and a pair of jeans when I was in law school, so nostalgia prompted me to put it on with the cami again this morning. I must say, I think it fits well with the green color scheme.


Suit Jacket: H&M
Pants: H&M
Sheer Blouse: Worthington (thrifted)
Cami: Victoria's Secret
Hoop Earrings: gift
Celtic Cross necklace: from St.-Martin-in-the-Fields in London
Shoes: Lifestride


No comments:

Post a Comment