Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend in Pennsylvania

Saturday:




I grew up next door to the cemetery pictured above. I could see the gravestones from my bedroom windows. The graves date back to the early 1900's and the older stones are mostly engraved in Polish.

Where:
hanging out at my relatives' houses, driving around, dinner, drinks

What:
T-shirt Text: Forget Regret or Life is Yours to Miss
Rent T-shirt: cafepress.com
Striped Long-Sleeve T-shirt: Gap
Jeans: London Jeans for Victoria's Secret
Shoes: Skechers
Scarf: Gap
Peace Sign Earrings: World Market



Sunday:




I had a great time visiting my family in Pennsylvania. On Sunday, my parents had dinner at their house, and all the relatives came over. I drove over the mountain with my dad in the morning to pick up my grandmother, and we saw snow at the top of the mountain! Fortunately, that was the only snow I saw the entire weekend.

Sunday evening, I went with my brother to watch his band practice. I stayed for Misguided Ambition's first set, tried Busch Light, and got to hear the new singer and lead guitarist.

Where:
hanging out at my relatives' houses, driving around, watching band rehearsal

What:
Frida Kahlo Ringer T-shirt: gift from my boyfriend
Sweater: American Eagle Outfitters
Pants: Delia*s
Shoes: Skechers
Peace Sign Earrings: World Market


Monday:




This morning, I had some time to visit with my family before heading back to the airport. Without planning it, on the flights out and back, I wore a graphic tee that had something to do with reading. Today's was this "reading is sexy" tee and on Friday, it was "Lire."

Where:
hanging out at my relatives' houses, driving back to the airport, flying home

What:
Jacket: Express
Reading is Sexy T-shirt: buyolympia.com
Purple Ribbed Turtleneck: Moda Int'l for Victoria's Secret
Black Ribbed Tank: Victoria's Secret
Skinny Jeans: Delia*s
Boots: Nine West
Peace Sign Earrings: World Market


Fall Colors:

The leaves are changing in the Laurel Mountains, and I love the reds, oranges and yellows of the landscape. I took a lot of pictures around my parents' neighborhood. Here are a few!














2 comments:

  1. Welcome back from your trip! I was LOLing at Frieda peeking out from your sweater - too cute.

    The trees are marvelous - thanks for sharing the pics of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fall colors in the cemetary pic (near the end of the post).

    Your "reading is sexy" tee is so cool!

    ReplyDelete