Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vests and Lace


This shirt is getting retired after today. I love the lace in front and the sleeve shape, but it's starting to get a bit yellow. The elastic in the sleeves is so worn and stretched that I had to use "hollywood magic" tape to keep it from falling off my shoulders. The tape is left over from a play where I never left the stage once from the beginning to the end. I started out in a leotard (which served as a bathing suit in the opening scene) and then I went through several outfit changes on stage, often stripping down to the leotard between outfits. The tape was a lifesaver to keep the leotard properly adjusted.


I'm not sure why I keep wearing this suit. There's a jacket too (not pictured). I like the jacket and I love the vest, but the pants always look a little crinkly to me and they're a very wide cut, which isn't too flattering on me. And yet I keep wearing them. I think I just really like the vest, and I enjoy the fact that the whole vest-jacket-pants combo matches like a proper suit ('cause it is a proper suit).


I've had the faux pearls since I was a kid. I haven't worn them in years. They're from the early 80's, so I think they can properly be termed "vintage," but I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that something I got new in my lifetime can be considered vintage.


Vest: H&M
Pants: H&M
White Sheer Top: Wet Seal
Pink Cami: ??
Pink Faux Pearls: vintage
Earrings: vintage
Shoes: Ann Taylor LOFT (thrifted)

No comments:

Post a Comment