Friday, October 23, 2009

Safari Jacket with Red and Turquoise







I purchased this jacket online a few years ago as part of a jacket and skirt suit. Before the order was filled, the skirt was discontinued and no more were available in my size. I thought I had returned the jacket, but I found it in my closet several months later when I was moving. I had trouble figuring out how to wear it. I tried it a few times with brown pants, but it looked bland.

I asked my boyfriend for advice, and his suggestion was wear it with a brightly colored flared or circle skirt. Good advice, but I don't own any such skirt. Then I thrifted this skirt in August, and recently considered wearing it with pink or red tights. That's when it occurred to me to pair this jacket and skirt with bright tights and other accents. I had more red accessories (the belt and scarf in addition to the tights) and that's how I arrived at today's outfit.

Where:
work, the Joffrey Ballet's presentation of Othello

What:
Jacket: Body by Victoria for Victoria's Secret
Long-Sleeve T-shirt: Gap
Skirt: Carole Little (thrifted, ~$3)
Red Tights: ??
Boots: Nine West
Belt:??
Scarf: handmade by my grandmother
Opal Heart Studs and Small Gold Hoop Earrings: both pairs gifts from my parents

7 comments:

  1. Gina, you are just killing it with the bright colors! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! I especially love the scarf and tights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo.... guess what? It's your freaking lucky day... you won a bangle on my giveaway. Email me @ jentine@gmail.com!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love your blog, and the pictures are stunning! ^^ Now following you via rss! ;)

    Follow me @ Twitter/MaisonChaplin @ Facebook/MaisonChaplin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red and the white stitching on your skirt! kind of a Russian feel - which I love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red. I don't know if I could do it and I love it on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty combo! I love all the colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete