Friday, January 8, 2010

More New Goodies











Lots more new stuff today. This sweater was part of my end-of-season sales purchases. The necklace was from Granny S.'s vintage jewelry collection; this one was handmade by my grandmother. The bangle bracelects were a gift from Sabrina of Defying My Closet at our pre-Christmas Chicago Bloggers Meetup.

Finally, after 20+ years, I'm learning how to use bobby pins. My hair is baby fine, and thus difficult to work with. After spending most of my teens and 20's in braids and ponytails, I've spent the last few years really learning how to master different tools and hairstyles. This is the first bun I've every worn that's secured entirely with bobby pins.

Where:
work, movies to see Broken Embraces, out for tacos

What:
Green Sweater: H&M (new!)
White Turtleneck: Rave, from years and years ago
Pants: Limited, also from years and years ago
Boots: Nine West
Necklace: vintage, handmade by Granny S. (new to me!)
Bangle Bracelets: gift from Sabrina (new!)
Drop Earrings: gift from my second cousins years and years ago
Music Note Earring: mine from years and years ago

6 comments:

  1. Gina, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! I don't think we have chatted before, but thank you for stopping by. I didn't originally intend for my blog to have an audience outside of linking to it from the YLF forum, so I'm always curious about how people find each other in the blogosphere.

    I love your new jewelry - the vintage necklace is especially neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bobby pinned bun is my staple! Glad you're coming around. That sweater is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI GINA! THANKS FOR FOLLOWING MY BLOG! I ALSO LOVE YOUR STYLE! BY THE WAY- DRUSILLA HAS A BROTHER NAMED "SPIKE"! MY PARENTS HAD TO ADOPT THEM FOR ME AS MY BITTY-BITTY DOESN'T PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS!
    ANY COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED! SEE U SOON :)
    REVA

    ReplyDelete
  4. BY THE WAY- MY HAIR IS BABY FINE TOO, AND HAIRSPRAY AND BOBBY PINS ARE A CONSTANT STAPLE TO ANY "DO" I DO! THE HAIRSPRAY + TEXTURIZING LOTIONS/SPRAYS ALLOW MORE "GRIPPAGE" FOR THE BOBBY'S. WE SHOULD DO A THIN HAIR DUO-POST! ;)

    ReplyDelete