Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Feeling French











Between the striped shirt and the Coco-style necklaces, I'm feeling a bit French today.

Yet another book club tonight, discussing House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. I regularly attend 2-3 book clubs per month, but they don't usually all fall within 24 hours of each other. That's a bit of a fluke this month, due to some rescheduling.

I liked House of Mirth. Much better than Ethan Frome, the first Wharton book I read at the behest of a high school English teacher. That was more than 15 years ago, and my taste for classics has grown, so perhaps I should revisit it. At any rate, I definitely want to read Age of Innocence now.

Where:
work, book club

What:
Sweater: Mossimo for Target (thrifted)
Striped T-shirt: thrifted
Skirt: Ann Taylor LOFT (clearance, $3)
Necklaces: mix of vintage silver chokers from my mom, thrifted silver locket, Macy's white beads and Anne Klein grey beads
Diamond Earrings: high school graduation gift from my parents
Cuff Bracelet: from MoJo Jewelry in Wicker Park
Black Sweater Tights: from Filene's Basement
Grey Socks: Xhileration for Target
Boots: M.I.A. from Macy's



5 comments:

  1. This is my favorite outfit I've seen on you!

    You are so thin that you look good with a bit of bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great! I am loving that skirt! I immediately went to see where you got it...$3?! That is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! that is the cutest outfit! and thanks for the lovely comments-i used to ask permission from all my inspirations but that became a chore. thanks for being so inspiring!!!! i usually do more casual outfits, as i am on "hiatus" ;) at the moment and my last job consisted of black/white only,you so rock the casual chic! i love so many of your looks! i hope folks don't mind the Inspiration posts, it is truly a form of flattery! i do try to remember where and who! stop by anytime! reva

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. chicago looks so much like down-town cinti, and i love the beads with the boots and bulk. you make fashion seem easy, which as u know is hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this look! That purple skirt is gorgeous, and I love the layered pearl necklaces!

    ReplyDelete