Tuesday, January 5, 2010

End-of-Season Sales Shopping









I usually go shopping in mid or late January to get new clothes on super low sales. I heard that this year, the stores had a much smaller amount of inventory left after the holidays, because they had placed smaller-than-usual orders for this holiday season, anticipating dismal sales. For a sales shopper like me, this meant that they simply wouldn't have enough merchandise to have sales through late January. If I waited until my usual end-of-season shopping time, I would have been disappointed to discover that there would be nothing left!

So, I went shopping this weekend. I purchased very few items compared to what I usually buy during my bi-annual sales shopping sprees in January and August. I only bought 3 new sweaters, a vest, and a belt, all from H&M and NY&Co. Today's yellow sweater is one of my new purchases.

I found this scarf at a thrift store for a quarter when I was visiting my family in Pennsylvania in July. It was the same store where I picked up a blouse for fifty cents.

Where:
work, shopping, sushi dinner

What:
Sweater: New York & Co., new!
Striped Blouse: Moda Int'l for Victoria's Secret
Scarf: thrifted
Brooch: vintage from Granny S.
Pants: Body by Victoria for Victoria's Secret
Purple Boots: Wet Seal
Earrings: ??
Cat Butt: Amaretto

3 comments:

  1. Love the boots! Great outfit with the yellow and purple combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look and I'm really digging how you pieced the scarf together. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scarf and I love how you wore it. Everything works fabulously together!

    xoxo
    Amy

    http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete