Saturday, December 19, 2009

Weekend Before Christmas







Saturday morning, Chicago-area bloggers Clare and Sabrina and I met for brunch at Yolk in the South Loop. They are both lovely women and I enjoyed our time together. It was fun to meet people in person who I'd previously only known online!

I spent part of the afternoon Christmas shopping downtown, then met my boyfriend for yummy-flavored caffeine at Argo Tea. In the evening, we went to a Xmas/Birthday party at a friend's house. Great company, good wine, charades and a special performance of The 12 Days of Urban Christmas!

Today I slept in late, then went downtown to see In The Heights, the recent Tony-award winner for best musical. It was a great production. I stopped at the Christkindlmarket on Daley Plaza after the show. Beautiful but crowded.

On weekends, I often wear variations on the same outfit, using many of the same clothing items. Today, I was totally lazy and rushing to get downtown in time for the show, so I just put on the exact same clothes today as I wore yesterday. I'm sure I'm not the only person who occasionally does that, am I?


Where:
Saturday: Blogger Brunch, Xmas shopping, Argo Tea, party
Sunday: performance of In the Heights, Christkindlmarket


What:
Jacket: vintage, thrifted
Ghostbusters T-shirt: from Boscov's
Long-Sleeved Grey T-shirt: thrifted
Jeans: Delia*s
Boots: Nine West
Beads: Macy's
Earrings: from a street vendor in Vancouver (or was it Mexico City?)
Hat: Filippo Catarzi (thrifted)
Scarf: handmade by my grandmother
Leather Coat: vintage from my mother
Bag: Marc Jacobs (thrifted)
Gloves: gift


Bloggers
L to R: me, Clare, Sabrina

2 comments:

  1. Hmph! So sad I missed - definitely will be there next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beaded necklace!! I would also look great with a black and white outfit sorda like coco chanel... jejej great outfits!

    ReplyDelete