Friday, January 15, 2010

Monochrome



I changed a bunch of times this morning and I still wasn't completely happy with my outfit when I left home. I like all these pieces, but I think the whole may not be as good as the sum of its parts.

I'm participating in another mock trial this week. Last time, I was a judge for a law school competition. This time, I'm a witness in a training program for new lawyers. I played a nurse for one trial this morning, and I play a bio-medical engineer for another set of lawyers tomorrow.

Where:
work, mock trial

What:
Jacket: BCBG Max Azria
Blouse: Lapis
Skirt: Express
Silver Hoop Earrings: ???
Grey Sweater Tights: from Filene's Basement
Socks: ???
Boots: M.I.A. from Macy's

8 comments:

  1. That's neat that I happen to be reading your favorite book! It's so fun to re-read. I think I'm going to have to watch the movie again this weekend too.

    I love your jacket. The sheen adds something a little extra special to the rest of your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the metallic sheen of that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by my blog! i like finding other Chicago bloggers! plus I like your boots.

    btw the mural you are standing next to in a lot of your pics on van buren was created by my ex-bf's father!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautful! i think its 'a whole lot greater than the sum of its parts'. (yes, that was a Chicago tribute for you, the Chicagoan :-)

    That jacket is really, really beautiful!! I love the sheen to it. Very pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, beautiful metallics here. You look so professional and crisp! To answer your question, yes, that coat I was wearing IS that color blue; isn't it great?!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the compliment, Gina. It was fun to look back at favorite outfits and how they changed over time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes wearing all grey is where it's at :) Love the metallic in your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the grays, especially the shiny fabric of your blazer!

    ReplyDelete