Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wouldn't you rather watch me than work?







Hair cut tomorrow! I've been curling my hair or pulling it back lately because it's getting a bit long, but after tomorrow, I'll be back to my straight locks! That's my one major complaint about short hair - it requires so much more maintenance than long hair.

There was a curious ComEd* worker watching my photo shoot today. He found me more interesting than fixing the federal prison's generator (can't blame him). He offered to take my pictures for me (I declined, as usual) and expressed surprise that I was taking my photos outside the federal pen. I told him that I usually crop the photos so you can't see much more than the planter behind me. So now you know my secret. One of my regular photo spots is outside the prison. The guy kept chatting with me between takes, so I talked him into posing for a photo with me. Unfortunately, my camera started acting up and the photo didn't take.

When I told ComEd Guy the nature of my blog, he asked if I worked at a law office. Do I look that much like a lawyer? Or is that just a natural guess for the profession of an office worker in downtown Chicago in the vicinity of the courts and the prison?

Though not the first time my picture-taking has attracted the attention of a total stranger, today was definitely the most interaction I've ever had with said stranger.

Where:
work

What:
Blouse: (thrifted)
Dress: sewn for me by my mother
Sweater: Mossimo for Target (thrifted)
Grey Cable Sweater Tights: from Filene's Basement
Earrings: World Market
Socks: ???
Boots: M.I.A.
Green Bag: from T.J.Maxx

*short for Commonwealth Edison, the local electricity company

2 comments:

  1. I love the green bag!! I am always nervous when taking pictures outside in populated areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I'm always selective of my locations for photos. I try to find discreet places so I don't get lurkers. :)

    ReplyDelete