Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wedding









My boyfriend and I went to a wedding Friday evening. It was in a Chicago Park District Building on Promontory Point in Hyde Park. It's a beautiful buidling, in a lovely grassy tree-covered area right on the lake with a spectacular view of the Chicago skyline. The ceremony was outside on the patio, and the tables for the reception were set up right inside the building, 10 feet away. They served a lovely buffet of almost all vegetables: salad, roasted variety (peppers, carrots, brussel sprouts, squash, broccoli, cauliflower), potatoes, stuffed eggplant with marinara sauce, and chicken with mushrooms. They had a jazz band playing during dinner and afterwards. Very lovely wedding.

When:
Friday, October 1, 2010

Where:
wedding

What:
Dress: Guess (thrifted)
Boots: Payless (I found these tucked away in the back of the closet when I moved, completely forgotten. Wearing them again, I realized they are exceptionally uncomfortable to stand in and I probably had put them aside to give away.)
Earrings & Necklace: crystals from a crystal shop in Virginia
Sweater: Mossimo
Leather Blazer: vintage (mine from the 1980's; my great-aunt gave it to me, but it was a bit too big back then)
Scarf: Forever XXI
Bag: Old Navy (thrifted)

Thanks for my boyfriend for the photos of me, and for posing for a photo himself!




2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love Promontory Point! What a great spot for a wedding! And you and your boyfriend both look so dapper and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is fantastic! And I'm so glad you posted some pics of Chicago. I used to live close enough to go there quite often, but now I;m far, far away...

    ReplyDelete