Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pitt and Notre Dame

In one of the new law school classrooms:


My boyfriend and I in front of the library:


Last Saturday, I went to the Pitt-Notre Dame football game in South Bend. Both my alma maters, undergrad and law school, playing each other: who to root for? No matter who I choose, I'm bleeding blue and gold.

I usually dress up my t-shirts a bit more than this, but I was feeling lazy Saturday morning, so I just threw on a comfy old slighty-too-big Notre Dame tee with stretchy jeans and comfortable walking shoes. I threw a comfy Pitt sweater in my bag, but I didn't need it until I got into the air-conditioning at dinner.

My parents drove out to campus with some friends (my dad is a Pitt alum too and a Pitt football fan), and met up with my boyfriend and me for the game. We spent a little bit of time on campus beforehand. It was the first time I've had a chance to see the new law school, which has been expanded and doubled (tripled?) in size since I graduated half a dozen years ago. It's lovely, and quite impressive. The campus is beautiful, and was particularly so last weekend with the changing leaves, bright sunshine overhead, the light breeze and temperatures reaching into the low 80's. A perfect day for visiting my alma mater.

When:
Saturday, October 9, 2010

Where:
Notre Dame campus for football game (!), dinner in Chinatown (back in Chicago)

What:
Notre Dame T-shirt: Adidas (thrifted)
Jeans: ?? (I think I may have purchased them while living in South Bend. Fitting, huh?)
Peace Sign Earrings: World Market
Pitt Collegiate Sweater (not pictured): vintage from my father
Shoes: Converse All-Stars
Bag: Marc Jacobs (thrifted)

Credits: Thanks to my boyfriend for taking the picture of me, and for posing himself. Thanks to my dad for taking the picture of my boyfriend and me.


The Basilica and Golden Dome visible from the stadium:


The library (with Touchdown Jesus) visible from the stadium:

No comments:

Post a Comment