Thursday, July 8, 2010

Awards and Dinner





I recently returned from 10 days out of town. I spent the first few days at the beach with my parents. Then I attended an immigration lawyers convention in the Washington D.C. suburbs. Finally, my boyfriend and I spent the 4th of July weekend in D.C. at the house of some friends.

These photos are from the last day of the convention. This is a three-quarter sleeve dress. The jacket is wool, fully-lined. It was 96 degrees outside. Yet, the convention center was cold enough for me to wear these clothes with tights, and I was still a bit on the cool side. Crazy!

A colleague from Chicago was honored at the convention for her contributions to immigration law. The awards ceremony ran long, but was surprisingly interesting and enjoyable. The honoree hosted a small celebratory dinner after the awards presentation.

Where:
conference sessions, awards presentation, celebration dinner

What:
Dress: 3Free (new!)
Jacket: Rina Rossi (2nd hand)(new to me!)
Grey Tights: ??
Sandals (not visible): Cynthia Vincent for Target (new!)
Faux Pearls: Macy's

2 comments:

  1. I love how the orange blazer pops against the neutral outfit. Very cute!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice outfit!
    --------------------------------
    I am giving away a beautiful necklace at PetiteLittleGirl.com

    ReplyDelete