Thursday, August 13, 2009

Two Flowers












I don't know why I'm posing like a superhero in that first picture, but it shows off the oufit well, so here it is.

This is one of my favorite outfits, despite the fact that not a single article of clothing in it actually fits me right. The pants are a size too big, but you can really only tell at the waist, which is covered by the cami and jacket. The cami is a size too small and skintight, but it's covered by the jacket so you can't tell. The sleeves on the jacket are too long, but I haven't bothered changing them because the buttons at the edge would make it difficult. Besides, I got this jacket for $7, and I have a mental block against investing too much time and/or money into alterations or repairs to items I acquired so cheaply. In fact, the entire outfit was purchased on clearance.

I love the pink stitching on the jacket, and the pinks of both flowers. The flower pin came with the jacket, and the flower in my hair was free! I was at the Maxwell Street market with my boyfriend last year. I purchased a red leather jacket ($10) and my boyfriend purchased some tools, both of us from the same vender. The vender gave us too little change, and gave us a hard time at first when we pointed it out to him. Then, he said he felt bad for hassling us, so he offered me something free from his accessories bin ("somthing lovely for the lovely lady"). I picked the flower that I'm wearing in my hair today.

Jacket: Audrey Lane
Cami: Express
Pin-striped Pants: Express
Flower pin: came with jacket
Flower in hair: thrifted (free!)
Pink Hoop Earrings: Aldo
Shoes: Lifestride

No comments:

Post a Comment