Thursday, August 20, 2009

Giant Flowers



This is another one of my recently thrifted skirts. I don't wear a lot of flower prints, and definitely not prints this big. So this is a variation from my usual. What better way to try out a new style than with a $3 skirt? Plus, I love the colors in the skirt!

While I like the look of this outfit, it wasn't great on wearability. I needed to be vigilant in ensuring that the belt remained in place. Plus, the skirt kept bunching up when I was walking. I had planned to wear it with sandals and no hose, but it was raining when I left home this morning. I don't like to wear sandals in the rain, so I switched them out for these heels. I don't like to wear closed shoes with bare feet, so I put on pantyhose. The skirt bunched when I walked with the hose, so I put on a half slip. The elastic was shot on the half slip (which I hadn't worn for years) and the slip fell down around my knees as I walked down the street. Yikes! I stopped into Macy's and picked up a new half slip. The skirt doesn't ride up as much with the new slip, but it still bunches a bit. I'll give this skirt one more try with bare legs, but if that doesn't fix the problem, back to the thrift store it goes.

Where:
work

What:
Shirt: Moda International
Skirt: Espresso (thrifted)
Belt: ?? (found it in my closet; I have no memory of how I acquired it)
Faux Pearl Earrings: ?? (I've had them since middle school)
Headband: ?? (I've had it since grade school)
Seashell Necklace: gift
Shoes: Etienne Aigner (thrifted)




No comments:

Post a Comment