Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Blues






My grandmother gave me this shirt. The story is that her youngest brother got it somewhere in Asia when he was in the military and brought it back as a gift for her. I've had the shirt in my closet since grade school. When I was a kid, it was really loose on me. I wore it as part of two Halloween costumes - a gypsy and a Mexican seƱorita.

As I got older I never wore the top, as a costume or for real, but I couldn't bear to part with it. Then, just a few years ago in my late 20's, I started wearing the top as a regular day-to-day shirt, and I'm really glad that I kept it around. During, you know, those 20 years or so that it just hung unworn in my closet.

These navy hose ran today, which is unfortunate because navy is hard to find. It's not the trendiest neutral color at the moment. The heels on the shoes are pointier than I would usually wear, but again, navy is hard to find. And I love the look of navy tights and heels with this navy suit.

Where:
work, errands downtown

What:
Top: vintage, gift
Jacket: My Michelle
Skirt: My Michelle
Navy Tights: ??
Navy Heels: Newport News
Navy Hoop Earrings: ??




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful top. I love how you paired it with the navy pieces.

    ReplyDelete