Wednesday, December 2, 2009

House Hunting









I started my Christmas shopping earlier this week. While at Macy's, I couldn't resist picking up this long strand of faux pearls for myself. I've been wanting long white pearls for quite some time, and the jewelrey counter was overflowing with them.

I went house hunting this morning with my wonderful realtor who sold my Printer's Row loft for me several years ago. The loft was subsequently put on the market by the people who bought it from me, and it showed up on House Hunters on Home & Garden Television!!!

I rent right now, and would like to buy sometime soon. I originally thought I'd have to wait a year or two, but the misnamed first-time* home buyer's credit will be a great help. Also, the neighborhood I want to live in is rather expensive, so I thought I'd have to wait until I could afford a larger mortgage, but when I started looking I realized there are a few nice places that pop up in my price range. Certainly not a lot of units to choose from, but I only need to find one!

Where:
house hunting, work

What:
Jacket: vintage
Sweater: Gap
Pants: Gap
Boots: Nine West
Earrings: mine from the early 1990's
Faux Pearl Necklace: Macy's
Bracelet: ??

*I'm obviously not a first-time home buyer, having owned a loft in the past, but the credit applies to anyone who hasn't owned property in the last three years. Conveniently, I sold my loft 3 years and 2 months ago.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck on the house hounting, I just went through that and it was tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket is super cute and I love the pearls! I have been looking for some too, but I am still on the search.

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete