Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day





My boyfriend and I went to Pennsylvania to celebrate Christmas with my family. This year, my family had the big Christmas Dinner and gift exchange on the 26th.

My boyfriend snapped a few pictures of me for clothes, inter alia as we were completing the annual family group picture taking. You can see my brother and aunt sitting on the couch in the background.

My paternal grandmother (Granny R.) came with a whole gift bag full of goodies for me. My grandmother lives in a veterans home (she was in the Army in WWII) and some local organizations were concerned that the residents at the home might not have family around or get any gifts for Christmas, so they brought gifts to all the residents. The organizations were very generous. Granny R. received so many gifts that she didn't know what to do with them all. She kept her favorites and put the remainder in a goody bag for me. As I looked through the bag, I immediately put on this scarf and ring. There are several more scarves and fun earrings in the goody bag, which I'll be wearing soon.

Where:
Christmas celebration with my family

What:
Black Silk Blouse: Theory (thrifted)
Beads: Anne Klein
Scarf: from Granny R.'s goody bag
Red Pants: H&M
Silver Hoop Earrings: gift from my parents (not this Xmas though)
Ring: from Granny R.'s goody bag


Granny R. and me:

The necklaces that Granny is wearing are two of the gifts that she kept for herself. She's right on trend, with the multiple chain look.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, we do the annual line up too...its getting to be quite the logistical feat as we add spouses and children!!

    Love granny and her necklace choices, and that was so sweet to pass them on to you!

    ReplyDelete