Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday












My aunt and I were both born in the month of March. We share the birthstone of aquamarine. When my aunt was visiting New Orleans in the 1970's, she found a princess-cut aquamarine ring in an antique shop. She wore it for several years, and in the 1990's she gifted it to me.

I frequently used to receive rings as birthday or Christmas gifts. The other aquamarine ring I'm wearing was a gift from my grandmother, as was the gold monogram ring. The panda coin ring was a gift from my parents.


When:
Friday, August 6, 2010

Where:
work

What:
Top: Wet Seal
Cami: H&M
Pants: H&M (newly thrifted)
Shoes: You by Crocs
Locket: vintage from my grandmother
Gold Hoop Earrings: Claire's ??
Bangle Bracelet: vintage from my mom
Choker worn as bracelet: vintage from my mom
Rings: gifts from my aunt, my grandmother, and my parents
Bag: ? (recently thrifted)


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blouse and I love it with the crocs! So cute.

    Great story about the ring. Its a lovely one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty and fun outfit!

    And seriously, those shoes are not Crocs. Really? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the jewelry and bag looks so perfect with the outfit - and the mani :)

    ReplyDelete