Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Inspired by: Orchid Grey



Lately, I'd been feeling a bit frustrated with my style and clothes, party due to the challenges of dressing for temperature extremes, from a 20 degree commute to a 90 degree office to who knows what temperature in other inside spaces. Part of it is also due to dealing with a limited wardrobe due to weight fluctuations. I cleared out most of the items that didn't fit and packed them away in suitcases in the basement, but every once in a while I come across an item that still fits, but not the same as before and just isn't as flattering or comfortable.

I keep an "outfit inspiration" folder on my computer's desktop, and when I looked through there a few weeks ago, I realized that all the pictures in the folder were at least 6 months old. So, while working my way through my 1000+ unread posts in google reader during the past few weeks, I've been very deliberate about saving images of outfits I like with clothing items similar to what I already own, so that I have a current collection of photos to inspire me. First up: this grey and blush look inspired by Orchid Grey.

When:
Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Where:
work

What:
Sweater: American Eagle Outfitters
Cami: Wet Seal
Skirt: Ann Taylor LOFT (thrifted)
Cable Sweater Tights: ??
Boots: Nine West (altered)
Beads: Macy's
Key Necklace: gift from my parents


No comments:

Post a Comment