Friday, September 10, 2010

Friend Friday: Fashion Week

Modly Chic has created "an opportunity for fashion and beauty bloggers to share their thoughts on a specific topic and read what others have to say on that same topic." Every week she sends out questions on a specific topic and bloggers post their answers on Friday, thus the name Friend Friday. To read posts by other bloggers who answered questions about Fashion Week, click here.

1. Do you pay attention to the shows during fashion week? Which designers collections are you looking forward to seeing?

I pay attention to the show, but not always in real time. Right now, I'm going through the Fall 2010 shows on style.com to get inspired for this fall.

2. Where are you getting your Fashion Week news from?

style.com

3. Over the years the runway has become more than just models displaying the creations of a designer. They are now spectacles. Do you think that adds or detracts from the fashion?

I don't know about the fashion itself, but the spectacle certainly makes Fashion Week more enjoyable for those outside the fashion industry.

4. Twice a year, as models begin to strut the catwalk we see articles about model size and body image. Do you think the super thin models are offering an unattainable goal to the public or are we immune to their looks?

Super thin, super tall, beautiful teens modeling clothes that are meant for the entire adult female population, including women of all ages and body types. I think we've become somewhat accustomed to the absurdity of the situation, but I wouldn't say that makes us immune to the suggested ideal body type. A variety of healthy models with a multitude of different body shapes would be a welcome change.

5. If you could sit front row at any show what would you want to see? And which celebrity would you want to be sitting next to?

I would love to see Anna Sui; I loved her fall show. I would also like to see Celine because I've been fascinated by all the articles I've read about Phoebe Philo. Really, if I were offered a ticket to any show, I would love to attend for the spectacle of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment